Dr. David Branch has been performing and teaching migraine surgery since 2002 when he founded the Northeast Migraine Surgery Center. He has treated innumerous migraine trigger sites on patients nationwide, and internationally from as far away as Dubai. The majority of his patients are now referred from neurologists, as well as other reputable headache specialists.
A faculty member at the annual International Migraine-Headache Symposium, Dr. Branch is trained in Microsurgery and Peripheral Nerve Surgery, as well as cosmetic and reconstructive surgery. He operates at two local hospitals, our outpatient surgery center, and our in-house fully accredited cosmetic operating room.
Dr. Branch’s interest in nerve and microsurgery emerged when he began using the microscope in medical school at UAB. After medical school, he was trained in general surgery at The University of Virginia and Maine Medical Center. He went on to Plastic and Reconstructive surgery residency in Cleveland, Ohio, where he trained under Dr. Bahman Guyuron in cosmetic and migraine surgery. Finally, Dr. Branch completed a fellowship year of Microsurgery at the Buncke Clinic in San Francisco. Preferring to raise his children in a beautiful small-town environment, Dr. Branch and family relocated to Bangor, ME in 2000. Dr. Branch has pursued a broad-based practice, with recent concentration on Migraine, Cosmetic, Microsurgery and other types of breast reconstruction procedures.
- Always provide the latest, but safest technology for the patient.
- We strive to educate our patients about the best treatments for their goals, so that they can make prudent and informed decisions.
- Our skilled surgeon and professional staff are available for patients 24 hours a day. We encourage patients to call with any questions or concerns ““ before minor issues turn into problems, and before non issues turn into worry and sleeplessness.
- We take care to ensure that patients always understand their procedure options, the potential risks, and the expected results.
- We endeavor to balance prompt and complete care for all our patients.